Skip to content

4 Alternate Book Covers for new Ebook by Justin Sheedy – please pick your favourite.

4 September 2011

E-BOOK NOW PUBLISHED & AVAILABLE FOR SAMPLING & PURCHASE AT SMASHWORDS!

NOW AVAILABLE IN PRINT-ON-DEMAND PAPERBACK AT AMAZON.

EXCELLENT REVIEWS! CLICK HERE TO READ.

Version 1 below

Version 2 below

Version 3 below

Version 4 below – a few people have suggested Version 3 with the text of Version 1. See, done, below.

E-BOOK NOW PUBLISHED & AVAILABLE FOR SAMPLING & PURCHASE AT SMASHWORDS!

NOW AVAILABLE IN PRINT-ON-DEMAND PAPERBACK AT AMAZON.

EXCELLENT REVIEWS! CLICK HERE TO READ.

Advertisements
21 Comments leave one →
  1. 4 September 2011 4:09 pm

I like the 3rd cover, but with the words from the first cover.

2. 4 September 2011 4:13 pm

Gotcha, Liv. Thanks!

3. 4 September 2011 4:17 pm

Or, if you do end up going with the other words, I think it might sound better like this:

1943.
    They were in their early 20’s.
    They had a 1 in 3 chance of survival.

They fought Nazism and won.

Just because it sets up how bleak it seemed and how scared they might have been, and then you tell what a huge task they had, and that they won! (Granted, I knew that part already. :D)

4. 4 September 2011 4:29 pm

Interesting thought, Liv. Though if keeping those 4 lines, I think the terrifying survival stat is the resonant concluding line, as opposed to the enormous task. (?) Especially as it relates thematically to the title… Hmm… But thanks!

5. 4 September 2011 4:39 pm

“Especially as it relates thematically to the title”

I had to look up the name of the title to know what you were talking about, as “nor the years condemn” is not a phrase I’ve ever heard anyone in the States use. The title definitely makes more sense now.

6. 4 September 2011 4:43 pm

Gotcha, Liv. Thanks! As it happens, a prominent musician and nice bloke, Bill Gibson, here in Australia, just commented on my Facebook page that he’s in complete agreement with you re 3rd pic but with text from the 1st. (!) May indeed change it to that… But we’ll see what further comment comes in…

7. Susan Tabacchi permalink
    4 September 2011 9:20 pm

3rd cover, best of both worlds. (I really liked the cover with the aeroplane better though, and would add the field of poppies).

8. 4 September 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you, Susan. And a very interesting insight from you… For new viewers, please see the link for the Aeroplane cover that Susan is referring to… Click & then scroll to the very bottom…

9. Lisa permalink
    5 September 2011 11:05 pm

No. 4 is my fave. I do realise I’m weighing in quite late! I prefer the layout, image and wording combination of this cover to the other three. But I’m not so sure about the wording, especially the 2nd sentence (of course I’m not a writer). Could it read:
    First time overseas
    A unique job: (or A unique job – )
    Stop Hitler

That’s all from me. Good luck! Lisa.

10. Alan permalink
    5 September 2011 11:16 pm

I’m the odd one out.To me,age doesn’t matter,or how many died[ for the cover]”First time overseas” “Stop Hitler” says it all.The rest seem too specific,or statistical.So i’m voting’4′.[over ‘1’ because i think it’s a better cover,more ‘ghostly’.]
    YAY! 2 cents worth in.

11. 5 September 2011 11:17 pm

Thank you, dear Lisa. Truly glad for your input, and certainly not too late πŸ™‚ Great, Number 4. Very glad. But u don’t like the “With” (?). Hmm… Please do help this process along by passing this link on to your contacts – the many, many inputs over the last few weeks have been invaluable, and taken the covers from Version 1 to Version 13 (!).

12. 5 September 2011 11:22 pm

Massive cheers to you, Alan. I like your thinking. Sincerely, I am glad, my friend.

13. Pamela Handley permalink
    6 September 2011 2:51 am

Hi Justin:

I’m from Alberta, Canada… I like the last cover the best!!
    I think it’s more intriguing than the print on Nos. 2 and 3.

Good luck!!
    Pam Handley

14. Alison Guthrie permalink
    6 September 2011 6:49 am

Cover 2, with wording from 1 WITH single plane from earlier suggestion. I think the bloke on there is no good.

15. Julie permalink
    6 September 2011 1:17 pm

Number 1 – simple is laways best – number 4 is too busy. either way the tag lines on 1 & 4 are far more intriguing

16. 6 September 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks YOU, Pam. You’re another one for Version 4, and there’s been such contrasting preference for that and Version 1. (?!) May use Both πŸ™‚
    All the best to you, Pam, and the book will probably be released within the week so do stay tuned.
    Thanks again,
    Justin.

17. 6 September 2011 9:22 pm

Oh, Alison πŸ™‚ what to Do? Such divergences of opinion. And I LIKE yours…

18. 6 September 2011 9:25 pm

You know, you’re the first person to say they don’t like the Face… I do love Cover 2… Yet I think we’ll have to go for either 1 or 4, with version of 2 as back-cover on Print-on-Demand versions….

19. 6 September 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks sincerely to you, Julie. Very nice comment, simplest always best. I think maybe 57% of positive comment has been for Version 1….

20. James MacGregor permalink
    9 September 2011 10:55 am

1943 – Far from home

Fighting 20 000 feet in the sky

For all our futures

Just a suggestion : )

21. 9 September 2011 9:30 pm

Love it, James.
    You clearly have that grave understanding for our History.
    Many thanks for your comment and do stay tuned.
    Ebook Release IMMINENT.